For centuries indigenous women in Mexico and other cultures have understand that the uterus (womb/matriz/utero) is where women's energy resides.
Massage a womb is an ancient practice use by traditional midwives in Mexico.
This massage is an abdominal massage and is centered in the womb. The idea is to place the womb in the correct place to allow a healthy functioning in the different stages of a woman's life (menstrual, childbearing, menopause). This is also an energetic work of alignment.
From the traditional Mexican point of view massage a womb will bring heat in this area allowing other organs to work in balance.
What to expect during your first appointment:
1. Metztli will introduce herself and explain about the sobada (massage)
2. You will sign an Acknowledgment and Waive of Liability.
3. Metztli will ask you general questions about your health and family history regarding health issues.
4. Metztli will ask you about your diet and habits.
5. You will get your abdominal massage and if the time allows it a full body sobada.
6. You will get recommendations based on the sobada.
What to expect after your Sobada?
- It is normal to feel some tenderness during the sobada.
-A sobada is considered a deep massage for the same reason you may be sore after the sobada.
-You may feel some changes in your body.
Abdominal-Womb Massage is recommended in case of: